Martin Schilling is an angel investor, startup builder, and scale-up executive. Having co-created and scaled several companies, including a McKinsey subsidiary as well as the neobank N26, he is now the managing director of the German Start-Up Accelerator TechStars. Together with Thomas Klugkist, he is also the author of The Builder’s Guide to the Tech Galaxy – 99 Practices to scale startups into Unicorn Companies. We talked about this and more in this latest episode and I hope you enjoy this conversation with Martin!
Listen to the conversation on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and anywhere else where good podcasts can be found
Connect with Martin:
What we talked about
- His personal background and how he got to where he is today
- What made him write the book and how it connects to his personal experiences
- The structure of the book and how it can help to build a unicorn company
- Why despite a busy schedule every entrepreneur should read the book
- The key pitfalls to avoid for scale up builders
- How to get your term sheets right
- Special experiences from a long career in building and scaling start-ups
Join Jochen Heussner as The FinTechnologist in the conversation about the world of FinTech and all things related.
You can find all other episodes on this page and remember to subscribe to the podcast.
The FinTechnologist theme song for the podcast is Geovane Bruno’s “Progresso”. Great stuff, isn’t it?